So, as I mentioned, I’ve been working on upgrading the blog to WordPress this past week. Everything went off without a hitch, or so I thought.
See, I installed [Jerome’s Keywords 1.9](http://vapourtrails.ca/wp-keywords) to manage my tagging. Well, all was working well until I started receiving comments on the blog. As comments came in, tags from that entry disappeared. That’s, uhh, sub-optimal. I did some reading on Jerome’s site, and it seems he’s working on version 2.0, but it’s been in the works for months. People posted in comments that they are seeing the same thing when running WordPress 2.1, but no response from Jerome that I saw.
I migrated tonight to [Simple Tagging Plugin](http://sw-guide.de/wordpress/wordpress-plugins/simple-tagging-plugin/), which is based on Jerome’s Keywords. It has a few other handy features (type ahead, better tag management), and the best feature of all: it doesn’t exhibit this bug. It looks like it’s in a lot more active development too, and can import Jerome’s Keywords tags. Imported my entries, and away I went.
It also supports listing off entries that aren’t tagged at all: this is handy for me as I re-tag my entire site after moving from Movable Type.