After a long hiatus of posting pictures in the gallery, I've spent a large chunk of this morning and afternoon processing and uploading pictures. In no particular order:
- Fishermen's Terminal – Pictures taken by Diann while she was at a weeklong training course at Fishermen's Terminal
- North Cascades Highway Loop – On Diann's birthday, we drove the 431 mile North Cascades Highway Loop. Didn't even have to refill the Prius once, and still made it home with a 1/4 tank left!
- A few new pictures of Pixel and Bryn
- Magnusson Park – A park in Seattle alongside Lake Washington that is formerly a military base. There are fins from decommissioned nuclear submarines along a walkway at Magnusson.
- Montlake Crewing Races & Opening Day of Yachting Season – Crewing is a huge sport up here in Seattle, and then after the races the rich folks cruise by in their mammoth yachts.
- Deception Pass, which I previously wrote about here
- Forbidden Gardens in Texas, where we were for Memorial Day.
- Lower Skyline Loop at Mt. Rainier – we did this hike before the snow had melted enough to conclude it, and had to turn back at 6000' when the snow hid the trail and it also started raining/hailing.
- Golden Gardens Park at low tide – an awesome couple of mornings with an extremely low tide which uncovered a plethora of sealife: anemone, sea cucumbers, starfish, clams, and — of course — seagulls.
- Guemes Island – A trip up to Guemes Island, with Jeff & Misty and Dylan & Micha
- The Museum of Flight – A trip to the Museum of Flight with Rick & Rosanne in town
In other photography news, I have my D70 back in hand. After suffering the Green Blinking LED of Death (GBLOD) much talked about on the DPReview forums, I sent it in to Nikon service. Much kudos to Nikon for taking care of the problem gratis even though my camera was out of warranty!